Monday, November 12, 2007

Last Day in Amsterdam

Elsie, Katie and her friends left for Barcelona Tuesday morning and I checked out of my hostel and into the last hostel for Amsterdam, The White Tulip. The White Tulip was SHADY! Zach booked it because it was the only place he could find that could accommodate 7 people on such short notice without costing an arm and a leg. It was on the outskirts of the Red Light District and across the street from Dirty Dick’s, the gay bar. I reluctantly locked my belongings in my locker and headed out to spend my last day in Amsterdam. The weather was beautiful which was a nice change from the gray, overcast and drizzly sky that I’d seen since I arrived. I walked to a bike rental shop and got a classic dutch bike and tooled around for about 3 hours. I spent most of my time at Vondelpark. I went a little picture crazy but it was so beautiful and I couldn’t help myself.

After my bike adventure I headed back to the hostel and had a beer in the bar. I met up with Libby’s friend Chris and we hung out until Libby, Annabell, Mike, Zach and Jenna arrived from Dublin. We had dinner and went to a hookah bar. When everyone else from my program arrived we sat in a coffee shop and caught up on everyone’s travels. I stayed out with them until about 2:30 or 3 when I decided to grab a quick siesta before I had to get up at 4:15 am to catch a bus to the airport in Eindhoven. I woke up and hurried through the streets to the bus stop and slept the whole way to the airport and throughout the filght to Barcelona.

I was really sad to leave Amsterdam. I loved it there. I can’t wait to go back again someday.

No comments: