Thursday, November 8, 2007

Elsie and Friends

After getting my stuff organized at the Pig I headed out for some dinner and to scope out the night life. I ate at Walk to Wok and it was delicious! I actually ended up eating there three times which is sad but everytime I hung out with someone else they really wanted to eat there and it was always good so I didn’t argue. After dinner I went to The Bulldog which is a bar and coffee shop and hung out there for a while. Outside is Leidsplein Square where I listened to a couple different musicians and watched a guy juggle a football. He was really really good. I headed back to the hostel, took a nap and woke up to go down to the bar and see what was happening. They were showing movies so I watched the end of Sin City and ran into Elsie and her friend Katie. Elsie is in my program at IAU and we planned on either running into each other on Sunday night or meeting up Monday morning at breakfast. We hung out for a few hours in the bar until I crashed out.

Breakfast at the hostel was actually really good. Simple but good. After breakfast we headed out to explore. We went to the Foam Museum to see their photo exhibit which was really good and then met up with some girls Katie is studying with in Lyon, France. We had lunch and some tea and found out that the Heiniken Experience and most of the Rijkstad Museum were closed. To console ourselves because our plans were shot we bought waffles and I soon forgot about our foiled plans. Later we had dinner at Walk to Wok, still amazing, and went out to enjoy the night life. We returned to the hostel and drank in the bar while they played more movies and games.

No comments: