Monday, September 10, 2007

A New Fantastic Point of View

Bonjour tous le monde!!!

I have arrived in France and had orientation today. The home I am staying in is beautiful and Aix is a very cool old city. There are fountains everywhere, narrow streets, cathedrales, outdoor cafes and markets throughout the center of town. I live less than a mile from the school, which is in the center of town.

The weather here is perfect. Warm and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Marie and Mariette, my hosts, invited me to join them at the beach yesterday. It's about 45 minutes from their home and it too is amazing. The water is crystal clear and very refreshing. i.e. freakin cold. :) I had my first experience with topless beaches and it took a little getting used to. Perhaps one day I'll have the nerve to try it, though I doubt it.

The food here is delicious. I haven't eaten McDonald's once! :) Fresh fruits and veggies with lots of fish. Yesterday I tried Tellen. I think it's some sort of mussel but since I never tried mussels in the US I could be wrong. Anyway they are tiny and came broken open and seasoned with something. They tasted just like chicken with ceasar dressing. YUMMMMMM.

I've had some interesting lessons already. I learned how to flush a french toilet and take a shower in a tub without a curtain. Not exactly easy yet but I'm slowly mastering it. There is so much to say but I have even more to do so I'm off now...

Hope you enjoy my pathetic attempt at blogging. :)

Au Revoir

No comments: