Sunday, September 23, 2007

Indescribable Feelings

Blog

My second week of classes are finished and things are going pretty well so far. I found out on Wednesday that my Art History class will be taking us on a field trip to Paris in November for 5 days and 4 nights. We will be visiting museums in the mornings and afternoons and have the nights to ourselves. Everything is paid for except our lunches and our evening activities. I am so excited! Tickets to museums can be pretty costly so it’s great that we don’t have to pay or wait in line.

This week I discovered a few new bars and a couple new clubs. From Tuesday until Saturday the bars are always packed. We take Sunday and Monday to recover before we go at it again. ☺

Friday a couple friends and I went to the park that’s about a 15 minute walk from chez moi. It was great to finally have a place to sit and relax outside the city. The park is pretty big, there is a pond and a lot of trees and open spaces for people to play badmitton and football (soccer). We spent a good four hours there hanging out with my friend’s dog. His name is Apache and he is being trained to be a seeing eye dog. He’s very well behaved and sweet but he ain’t nothin compared to that ole Murph. I’m headed off to the parc again this afternoon. I think I will be spending a lot of time there from now on.

Yesterday I went to Avignon with 5 other students from IAU. It was a cool old city. We went to the Palace of the Pope and I have never seen anything like it before! It was gigantic. It amazes me the skills and attention to detail people had 700 years ago. I can’t believe it. So we walked around in the Palace that is now a museum for a few hours and then headed over to the famous bridge Pont d’Avignon. We didn’t feel like paying to walk on a bridge that we could just as well see from the ground but it was cool to see. We walked around the city a bit more then headed back to Aix that evening for dinner and a few hours at the Hookah Bar. Over all it was a really great day. I am glad I chose Aix in the end, as I was debating between the two. Aix is a much younger crowd and a more happenin place it seemed.

This week I will probably be staying in and saving up for my upcoming weekend in…..PARIS!!!! Libby, Annabell are leaving Friday to meet up with Libby’s dad who is in France for the week for his job. MY FIRST TRIP TO PARISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I can’t explain how pumped I am.

Also I got my ticket to travel over the ocean to England the second weekend in October to see Mr. Philpott. I’m pretty much broke now and will not be eating lunch from now on but oh well. It’s worth it. ☺

Hope everything is going good back in the states. Wishing you all well, especially the Good Twin who supports my need to party by petitioning my mother the Beautiful Twin ;) for more money. I however am not wishing good things for my mother’s first born because I just found out he doesn’t know how to spell my name. Last I checked I was a girl and thus the spelling is FrancEs, not I-s. Nana is gonna be really mad at you. ☺ Your garlic stuffed green olives are on the line here.

Love Y’All

Je t’aime Monsieur Murph!

No comments: